Tuesday, September 05, 2006


She's Discovered

Shh, listen, do you hear her? Do you sense her presence?
She's there, just outside but finding her way in , slithering in her misery.
The silence, the lonlely, she's discovered where I rest tonight.

I shall have no peace, this heart no solace, these feet no warmth.
She finds me in the stillness of the night, the quiet of the morning
the beautiful nothing of the sun's first light.

I've outrun her over and over, only to see her black jagged legs unbuckle from
underneath the deadwood trees, creeping from her filthy web to remind me of
how much I have, and how meaningless it all is without love.

I take her sister, I take the tempting name of her sister.
She who looks so radiant until you focus and see the skelton beneath her wedding dress.
But the dress masks the truth and it's a blanket of white and our wedding night blissful

It ends, and ends abruptly, the wedding night a ruse, the climax falsified.
I'm left with her name next to my closed eyes, her horrible name.
She left me with her name and sought the comfort her sister in that coil of dredge in that black forest on that desolate island upon that dead sea.

She left me with her name.

Denial.

J.M. Prater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home