Saturday, December 12, 2009


The Nightingale's Prayer

Look at me my daughter, move your eyes up and meet mine and see that I love thee. Look at me my daughter and find forgiveness for all things in my smile. Look at me my daughter and know that it is in you that I live, in you that my heart dwells, in you that my spirit sings. Look at me my daughter and understand that in you the ocean moves, in you the seas sway, in you the rivers find their meaning.

Look at me my daughter and praise not just what you could be, but what you are. Look at me my daughter and know that you are enough, that your every breath is precious, your every emotion the truth. Look at me my daughter and see your reflection in my eyes. Look at me my daughter and realize that you are my beginning and my gorgeous end. You are the night that falls and the sun that rises again.

Oh my daughters, I have bestowed upon you all that was good in me, so that in each moment the joy I feel is you, the laughter I experience is you, the happiness I have is yours. Oh my loves, oh my women, you are the nightingale’s prayer, the light in the cellar, fresh water among the rocks. You are my hope and destination, my life without end, my joy without sorrow.

J M Prater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home